This section includes all of the following information you can use when recovering from a disaster:
- looking after you and your family
- getting help
- cleaning up after a flood
- recovery for food businesses.
Read about who you should contact after an emergency or disaster.
The Northern Territory Government provides services for Territorians following an emergency or natural disaster.
Government agencies and councils work together to help the community recover.
These services may be delivered in a variety of settings including evacuation centres and in remote communities.
The services may include:
- emergency and temporary accommodation
- emergency clothing, food, bedding and linen
- financial assistance payments
- personal outreach and support
- trauma counselling.
Interpreter services in emergencies
You can get help if you have trouble understanding emergency information in English.
To get contact details for interpreting and translating services go to the Northern Territory Government website.